Hey all! This year has gone by so quick. I cannot believe we’re in November. And I also can’t believe its daylight savings. Bleh. Time to fight seasonal depression even harder now lol. Anyways! I had a pretty good reading month. I read 7 books!!! I don’t remember the last time I read that many books lol. I am so surprised with how much I’ve been reading this year because I was in a huge slump all of 2018. Now let’s get to the month!
Books I Read
- If Only I Could Tell You by Hannah Beckerman – ★★.5
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
- American Predator: The Hunt for the Most Meticulous Serial Killer of the 21st Century by Maureen Callahan – ★★★★★
Genre: True Crime
- Submerge by K.Y. Robinson – ★★★★★
- The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager – ★★★★
- Hermosa by Yesika Salgado – ★★★★
- Birthday Girl by Penelope Douglas – ★★★★★
Genre: New Adult Romance
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne – ★★★★★
For October, I had skipped BOTM (book of the month) box because none of the picks interested me. However, I did pick up these two poetry collections (Submerge and Hermosa) that I happened to read on the same month which makes me really happy. I don’t like leaving books I buy unread for too long because then I forget them, lose interest, and never read them. This happens 9.5 out of 10 times lol. And you know, just trying to break habits here.
A Fave of the Month
If you don’t know, I am a huge fan of the singer Alina Baraz. I love her voice and lyrics. It’s been some time since she came out with a song and the song that she happened to release literally made me cry. The lyrics are pretty much how 2019 has been to me personally. The song is titled To Me.