UMM WHO THE HELL AM I? First of all I haven’t done a TBR in god knows how long. I swore them off during my booktube days. Yes, you read that right, booktube days, which was YEARS ago.
However, I know exactly what I’m going to read this month because I’m in the mood for all these books so yay!!! My TBR is also not huge because I’m going to Puerto Rico this month for a wedding. EEEEEEEEEEK!!!
*all titles link you to the Goodreads page*
My Book of the Month Picks:
- A Nearly Normal Family by M.T. Edvardsson is a mystery/thriller novel. It was my June BOTM pick. “M.T. Edvardsson’s A Nearly Normal Family is a gripping legal thriller that forces the reader to consider: how far would you go to protect the ones you love? In this twisted narrative of love and murder, a horrific crime makes a seemingly normal family question everything they thought they knew about their life—and each other.”
- Circe by Madeline Miller is a greek mythology fantasy novel. This was my add-on book. “But there is danger, too, for a woman who stands alone, and Circe unwittingly draws the wrath of both men and gods, ultimately finding herself pitted against one of the most terrifying and vengeful of the Olympians. To protect what she loves most, Circe must summon all her strength and choose, once and for all, whether she belongs with the gods she is born from, or the mortals she has come to love.“
- A Woman Is No Man by Etaf Rum is a historical fiction contemporary novel set in the 1990s. This was another add-on pick. “Introducing a brave, new Arab-American voice, an unflinching debut novel that takes us inside a world where few of us have been before: the lives of conservative Arab women living in America.”
Library Books and Owned Books:
- King of Scars (Nikolai Duology #1) by Leigh Bardugo is a YA Fantasy novel set in the Grishaverse. This is one of my library picks that’s ready for pick up! I decided to grab this one from the library for two reasons. Because for one I heard many mixed reviews on this one and two, I no longer read YA Fantasy so I don’t want to run the risk of DNFing and wasting my money. PLUS!! I get to support my library anyways.
- Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle #2) by Jay Kristoff is a Fantasy novel. It’s the continuation of Nevernight. I own this book. However, I did place it on hold in the library via audiobook because I have a hard time focusing on Fantasy novels ever since my reading preferences changed. I should be getting it sometime this month and I’m excited!
- Sabrina & Corina: Stories by Kali Fajardo-Anstine is a collection of fictional short stories. I received this book from the author and publisher. I’m thinking of reading one story per day. The book is super short anyways. I should get through this quickly. “A haunting debut story collection on friendship, mothers and daughters, and the deep-rooted truths of our homelands, centered on Latinas of indigenous ancestry that shines a new light on the American West.”
I’m most excited for A Nearly Normal Family and Circe! What do you plan on reading this month? Have you read any of these? Have a great day!