Title: Clockwork Princess (Book Three)
Series: The Infernal Devices
Author: Cassandra Clare
Genre: YA, Paranormal, Steampunk
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Again, this will be a spoiler book review because it’s the third book in a series. Plus I suck at non spoiler book reviews for sequels.
Synopsis from Goodreads:
Danger and betrayal, love and loss, secrets and enchantment are woven together in the breathtaking finale to the #1 New York Times bestselling Infernal Devices Trilogy, prequel to the internationally bestselling Mortal Instruments series.
THE INFERNAL DEVICES WILL NEVER STOP COMING
A net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. Mortmain plans to use his Infernal Devices, an army of pitiless automatons, to destroy the Shadowhunters. He needs only one last item to complete his plan: he needs Tessa Gray.
Charlotte Branwell, head of the London Institute, is desperate to find Mortmain before he strikes. But when Mortmain abducts Tessa, the boys who lay equal claim to her heart, Jem and Will, will do anything to save her. For though Tessa and Jem are now engaged, Will is as much in love with her as ever.
As those who love Tessa rally to rescue her from Mortmain’s clutches, Tessa realizes that the only person who can save her is herself. But can a single girl, even one who can command the power of angels, face down an entire army?
Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment, and the tangled threads of love and loss intertwine as the Shadowhunters are pushed to the very brink of destruction in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.
My Initial Thoughts Right After I Finished:
HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO LIVE AFTER READING THIS TRILOGY???!!!!
My Thoughts Now That It’s Been A Few Hours Since I Finished:
- I am legit sitting here with tears in my eyes because I can’t believe its over. I am the type of person that when people tell me I’m going to cry over a book, I don’t cry. However, I’ve been a sobbing mess since I finished this one.
- That epilogue broke me into so many pieces. They all had their happy endings and the fact that it all connects with The Mortal Instruments…it’s really beautiful.
- I felt like Tessa, torn between the two, Will and Jem. I came to love Will in book 3. He’s such a beautiful person. I was really in shock with Jem becoming a Silent Brother but that epilogue changed my life.
- I NEED MORE!!!!
- The Herondale’s, Lightwood’s, and Fairchild’s persist once again and that makes me so happy.
- Cassandra Clare is a beast, she did an amazing job with this book. The writing was beautiful and the plot was delivered.
- My baby Sophie becoming a Shadowhunter and got married with Gideon!!! Cecily and Gabriel! I SHIPPED THEM SO HARD!!
- I shipped everyone to be honest.
- This book is very quotable
- My heart broke for Will when he felt the rune for his parabatai disappear. I cried so hard because I thought like Will that Jem had died.
- Jem, oooooooo my Jem!!!
- Magnus Bane!! Although we didn’t see much of him, he was so important. He must feel like he was reliving everything again in TMI. Magnus is such a beautiful person.
- CHURCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I freaking love that cat.
- Tessa, she’s so strong. I love her.
- The female characters in this trilogy is so important and still relate to our time and women rights and what we go through as females.
I can’t really say much anymore except that this is now one of my favorite trilogies and I loved everything about this book. I will definitely continue with part two of The Mortal Instruments and the rest of the Shadowhunter world.
All the stories are true