Title: Clockwork Prince (Book Two)
Series: The Infernal Devices
Author: Cassandra Clare
Genre: YA, Paranormal, Steampunk
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
This will be a spoiler review because it is a 2nd book in a series.
Synopsis from Goodreads:
In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.
With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.
Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, but her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?
As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.
My Initial Thoughts Right After I Finished:
I WAS A SOBBING MESS AFTER READING THIS BOOK!!!!!!! I was freaking out for all my precious babies: Charlotte, Henry, Tessa, Jem, Will, ALL OF THEM!!! I didn’t want anything happening to them. I was so scared.
My Thoughts Now That It’s Been A Few Hours Since I Finished:
- CAN WE DISCUSS THE CONVERSATION BETWEEN CHARLOTTE AND HENRY?!?!?!?! I WAS LITERALLY SOBBING!!!!!!!
- My heart is literally torn between Will and Jem. I am team Jem but ugh I feel for Tessa.
- WILL!!!! He never had that curse and ugh I feel so bad for him because his heart got shattered right after he had gotten the good news that the curse was a fluke.
- I love how Cassandra Clare portrayed these characters, I felt all the emotions.
- Jessamine! WHY GIRL??? JUST WHY?!?! I was kinda rooting for you too but you just had to be sucked up with Nate and his dumbass.
- MY PRECIOUS BABY JEM!!!!!! I LOVE HIM AND I WISH TESSA FELT THE SAME FOR HIM!!! TESSA I KNOW YOU IN LOVE WITH WILL BUT FRIENDLY LOVE JEM!!! I SEE YOU BOO!!
- Heart eyes for Gideon and Sophie! I literally squealed when I read this.
- CECILY AT THE END!!! I FREAKING KNEW IT!!! I just knew she would find her way to the institute somehow.
- I had the biggest freak out at the end. I thought one of my precious babies was going to die but everyone was safe *big sigh*
- Where the hell is Mortmain?!?!
- Total shock with Benedict Lightwood and his traitor ass, I was so not expecting that at all.
- I have no complaints about this book, it was freaking great!!!