Today is my one month anniversary here and I thought of doing this tag as a way to celebrate. Thank you to all the people who are here with me. You are seriously all amazing.
Thanks to all the lovely ladies who tagged me!!!!!!!!
☆ Write a post to show your award.
☆ Give a brief story of how your blog started.
☆ Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
☆ Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
☆ Select up to
10 other blogs you want to give the award to.
So I’m about to get a little personal, just be warned (it’s not that big of a deal lol).
On January 2015, I had started a Booktube channel and I was all about my booktube channel. I had a lot of videos and content, etc. However, I noticed that I was placing other passions (ex: writing and actually reading for fun) on the side. I also have a really hard time expressing myself verbally because of my anxiety and dyslexia and I kept comparing myself with other booktubers. Plus I saw another side of booktube that I actually really didn’t like. I fell out of love with booktube and since summer of last year I have been on and off my channel, I rarely post anything and I wasn’t content. Honestly, I’m still not really content with my channel and I might delete my channel altogether. The past few months I was playing with the idea of opening up a blog instead and on the blog I can post not just about books but my writing also. One day, I decided to just go for it. I looked up top 10 popular book blog websites and I felt the most content with this one and the themes. And I haven’t looked back. I actually haven’t posted a video either since opening up my blog. BUT I REGRET NOTHING! I honestly tell myself “why didn’t you open up a blog sooner? this is going so great.” I feel no pressure at all with my blog, I feel more like myself vs. booktube me, now this is where my advice starts because of my experience with booktube and book blogging:
- Be yourself. I think it’s so important to be yourself and true to your post no matter what you talk about or post about. YOUR VOICE is different than all the other voices who might be talking about the same thing as you.
- Don’t pressure yourself if you have no post ideas. Not posting is better than posting under pressure just “to have something there”
- Be kind and involve yourself with other bloggers even if it’s a like or a comment.
- Do weekly meme’s if you want to be apart of the community. Like I stated before, you and others can talk about the same thing but YOUR VOICE is different.
- HAVE FUN!!!
- If you have an idea for a post but you see that no one else has done it, then JUST DO IT! Hey, other people might really love that idea of yours and appreciate it. Don’t hesitate or think twice, there is beauty in originality.